.IS delegation requirements are as follows:
- At least two different nameservers must be specified (and the hosts must not resolve to the same IP address).
- Nameservers must allow connection to UDP port 53, and to TCP port 53 as well (see
- SOA records must be correctly formatted:
- Master nameserver correctly named in the MNAME field.
- Working mailbox of responsible party in RNAME field.
- Times (refresh, retry and expire) according to RFC1912
- All the authoritative nameservers must serve consistent data on the domain, e.g. must serve the same SOA record and
the same set of NS records.
- TTL for NS records not lower than 24 hours.
- The nameservers must be registered with ISNIC.
- Correct NS records. Properly registered in the appropriate
zones, both forward and reverse. I.e. the nameserver's name must
be included in the PTR record set for the nameserver's IP address(es).
ISNIC periodically checks domains in the .IS zone for compliance with
these requirements, and informs the domain contacts should their domain
fail. Domains that consistently fail to comply, will be suspended (i.e.
removed from the .IS zone file) until their technical setup is fixed.
Please note that domains are deleted if they are left suspended for
more than 60 days.
For registration purposes, the following conditions must also be met:
- The contact information for the domain's administrative, technical, and
billing contacts must be true and complete. Their email
addresses must be valid, and must be read, as all communication from ISNIC regarding the registration
is via email.
- The domain zone contact shall be with the party that manages the domain
nameservers, see: RFC1032. The zone contact must be registered
ISNIC - Internet a Islandi hf.· Katrinartuni 2, 18th floor · 105 Reykjavik · ICELAND
tel +354 578-2030 · fax +354 578-2031 / +354 561-0999 · e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
ISNIC Opening hours: 9-12, 13-16 GMT
Copyright ©2002 Internet a Islandi hf · About ISNIC