Nameservers hosting Icelandic domains (.IS domains) must comply with all
of the following requirements:
- Nameservers must allow connection to UDP port 53, and to TCP port 53 as well
- Nameserver must be consistently registered in DNS, i.e. its own A resource record
must be available and a corresponding PTR resource record as well.
- Namesever name can only contain ascii letters, digits, hyphen and periods.
- For nameservers within the .IS zone, the following also applies:
- Hostname can not be numeric only (i.e. 123.isnic.is)
- The full name of the nameserver (FQN) must include the hostname (i.e. the canonical name of
the machine the nameserver is running on).
ISNIC - Internet a Islandi hf.· Katrinartuni 2, 18th floor · 105 Reykjavik · ICELAND
tel +354 578-2030 · fax +354 578-2031 / +354 561-0999 · e-mail: email@example.com
ISNIC Opening hours: 9-12, 13-16 GMT
Copyright ©2002 Internet a Islandi hf · About ISNIC